Posted Mar 14, 2023, 09:45AM EDT
An easy-to-make turkey recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Celery Root Slaw:
- Slice boneless turkey breast into 4 even pieces. Place each piece between plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to pound out until very thin (about a 1/4″).
- Mix breadcrumbs, dried parsley, mustard powder, garlic powder, white pepper, and nutmeg together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and Dijon mustard. To bread the schnitzel, dip each piece of flattened turkey into flour then egg mixture, followed by the seasoned breadcrumbs. Repeat until all 4 schnitzels have been breaded and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over medium high. Once hot, add schnitzel and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165˚F/74˚C. Remove and season hot schnitzel with salt.
- To make spaetzle, combine the all-purpose flour, eggs, and milk. Over a pot of salted, boiling water, pass mixture through a colander to form a miniature dumpling shape. Allow to boil for 2 minutes (working in batches) then pull out spaetzle with a slotted spoon. Transfer to a bowl with butter and parsley, then mix with a bit of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss together cabbage, celery root, mayo, olive oil, vinegar, celery salt, and salt and pepper until combined (this can be done a few hours in advance). To serve, plate schnitzel with a fresh lemon wedge, and some spaetzle and slaw. Enjoy!
For more information, visit butterball.ca.