Posted Apr 18, 2023, 09:32AM EDT
- 1 hd Iceberg lettuce, outer leaves remove, cut in four and rinsed with cold water
- 1 rib celery, shave thin on a mandoline slicer and store in ice water to curl
- ¼ cup red & green grapes, cut in half
- 1 honey crisp apple, shaved on a mandoline slicer
- ½ cup walnuts (Szechuan spiced)
- 350 ml vegan ranch
- 300ml mayonnaise, vegan
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- to taste white pepper
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, wash/dry and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, wash/dry and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lemon, juice
Make the Dressing:
In a bowl mix the spices into the vegan mayonnaise with a whisk.
Pick, wash and finely chop the herbs. Zest 1 lemon and squeeze half a lemon.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
How to plate:
On a plate place a 2 tablespoon of the Vegan Ranch in centre, spread with a spoon evenly, place the iceberg off center loosening the leaves to fluff them up.
Top the iceberg wedges with curled celery, grapes, apples and Szechuan walnuts. Drizzle with a bit more dressing and garnish with herbs or microgreens.