Posted Mar 30, 2023, 10:12AM EDT
- 4thick slices country bread, toasted
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 6 oz( 175 g )plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp( 30 mL )chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp( 5 mL )fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp( 30 mL )white wine vinegar
- 1small shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup ( 125 mL )quartered cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp( 2.5 mL )thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp( 15 mL )chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp( 15 mL )olive oil
- 2 tsp( 10 mL )whole-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste Method:
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, dill, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the toast slices, dividing it evenly.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, tomatoes, thyme, and season with salt and freshly-ground pepper. Stir oil, mustard, and parsley into shallot mixture and set aside.
Bring a medium-sized saucepan of water to a boil. Separately, fill a medium bowl with ice water and set aside. Reduce heat, allowing the water to come to a rapid simmer, gently add eggs and simmer for 6 minutes. Immediately transfer eggs to ice water to stop cooking. Drain and peel eggs.
Coarsely chop eggs and arrange on top of bread.
Spoon shallot vinaigrette over top and sprinkle with more thyme, parsley and freshly-ground pepper if desired.