This homemade recipe costs literally pennies to prepare, therefore makes a perfect homemade treat to give with a bottle of wine.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried onion flakes (or ½ tsp (2 mL) onion powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne powder
Stir together all ingredients and place in a small candy bag (found at craft/bulk food stores). Tie with decorative ribbon and attach recipe card with instructions. Tie to the neck of a wine bottle, or sparkling water.
Pistachio and Dried Cherry Cheese Ball
What you will need:
- ½ lb./8 oz. softened goat cheese
- 1/4 lb./4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped dried cherries (or dried cranberries)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- prepared cheese ball mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roughly chopped pistachios (or chopped nuts of choice)
- Place goat and cream cheese, chopped dried cherries, honey and orange zest in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium-size fry pan over medium high heat. Cook onion for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring, until lightly brown.
- Add prepared ‘cheese ball mix’. Cook, while stirring, until herbs are fragrant (about 30 seconds). Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add onion/herb mix to bowl with cheese. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix ingredients until evenly combined.
- Form into a ball (if mixture is too soft to form, chill mixture for about 30 minutes).
- Roll ball in pistachios. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve with crackers, pickled veggies, cured meats and dried fruit.
Cook With Us
Homemade Cheese Ball Mix
This homemade recipe costs literally pennies to prepare, therefore makes a perfect homemade treat to give with a bottle of wine. Ingredients 2 tsp (10 mL) dried parsley flakes 2 tsp (10 mL) dried basil leaves 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano leaves 2 tsp (10 mL) dried onion flakes (or ½ tsp (2 mL)…
Read the full article